After setting the stage with a quick survey of database history and theory, Week 1 moved right into the heart of SQL with the SELECT statement. The following summary of the SELECT statement syntax includes cross-references to the days on which the particular aspect was covered:
If you build a million queries in your programming career, more than 80 percent of them will begin with SELECT. The other 20 percent will fall into the categories covered in Week 2.
The new skills you learn in Week 2 cover database administration. During Week 2 you will learn how to
© Copyright, Macmillan Computer Publishing. All rights reserved.