- Notes for Beta 4
- Fixed the problem of invoking programs from perl scripts.
This was due to the incomplete transcription of the environment
when standard CGI scripts are launched.
- Redirections now retain arguments and query strings.
- Notes for Beta 3
- Fixed the problem of mixed up CGI-BIN calls when used simultaenously.
- Added master key for PUT and DELETE. You can now use Netscape Gold
to publish to an OmniHTTPd web server.
- Fixed problem with running OmniHTTPd on the Trumpet TCP/IP stack.
- Notes for Beta 2
- A glitch in Beta 1 prevented Perl from being launched. This is
- A problem with the bounce site method of IP resolution caused Beta 1A to GP
fault upon startup. This has been fixed.
- Notes for Beta 1
- Support for one cookie per message is supported.
- The admin program is now inside the server. You can now change
most server settings on the fly without restarting the server.
- Dynamic IP resolution now works. We have switched to the bounce
site method which is very reliable.
- Script and alias directories with spaces now work.
- Fixed the placement of the External Form data file for WinCGI
- Access rights and HTTP UPLOAD have been implemented in the code
but have been disabled for 1.0. Edit and Upload (Publish) has been
successfully tested with Netscape Navigator Gold.
- Notes for Alpha 7
- An install program is now provided.
- Debug options added for CGI. The trace log can now be used to
track down problems with CGI launches.
- Fixed working directory launch. This should solve some of
the problems with Perl and certain CGI scripts.
- Added Basic Authentication for scripts that use it. File
and directory rights were not added.
- Notes for Alpha 6.
- Perl CGI Support (mostly a hack that is untested)
- More CGI bug fixes
- Notes for Alpha 5.
- Security fixup
- Added WinCGI Support
- Fixed CGI return entity processing
- Dynamic thread allocation now supports up to 512 threads
- Local lookup for dynamic IP (especially for PPP users)
- Notes for Alpha 4.
- Added Server Side Includes
- Refined administration program
- A bundled CGI counter program
- Notes for Alpha 3.
- The correct time bias is now written in the log.
The previous versions did not report the correct bias
for those living east of GMT.
- Problems with spaces in filenames in auto-indexing have been
Experimental table support has been added for auto-indexing.
- There is now a small web server statistics "on-the-fly"
Simple access http://[your site]/~stats.
This will be elaborated upon for future releases.
- Many minor bug fixes.
Back to OmniHTTPd documentation page
Copyright © 1996 Omnicron Technologies Corporation
Casa de Bender